Power Deal Terms & Conditions
Power Deal promotional discounts (Power Deals) are short-time offers of items that may be deeply discounted and of limited availability. They are initiated either by a Buyer or Seller.
- Power Deals can be set up with a duration that lasts anywhere between one (1) day and seven (7) days.
- Buyers can initiate a Power Deal by clicking on the Power Buy button in the Item Detail Page for that item. This is called "committing" to a Power Deal.
- Sellers can also initiate a Power Deal by "committing" a set quantity of items and a Power Unit Price.
- When a Buyer commits to a Power Deal, his credit card is pre-authorized including 15% estimated shipping. No actual payment is made and the Buyer is not yet charged pending notification of the end of the Power Deal.
- Buyers are encouraged to promote the Power Deal to their networks via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+.
- A Power Deal is considered successful when (1) a seller agrees to join the Power Deal and (2) enough buyers join and the minimum quantity is met.
- The more Buyers and Sellers who commit to a Power Deal, the greater the chance that the Power Deal price goes down.
- All Buyers who committed to a successful Power Deal are notified via email.
- The lowest sell price in a Power Deal is awarded to the Buyers who joined the Power Deal first and continues in a FIFO (first in, first out) manner until the entire inventory allocated for the Power Deal is dispersed.
- Full payment for the Power Price, including applicable taxes, is charged to the buyer’s credit card only when the Power Deal inventory is completely distributed to the winning buyers.
- There is no guarantee that a Buyer will be able to purchase the item at the displayed Power Deal price or at a lower price than displayed Power Deal price.
- There is no guarantee that a Seller will join Buyer-initiated Power Deals at a lower price than the Power Deal price displayed.
- Power Deals are non-transferable, not for resale, and not redeemable for cash.
- Power Deals are good only for specific items featured.
- Power Deal prices are exclusive of taxes.
- If you return a Power Deal item, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the item, subject to applicable refund policies.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between "Commit" and "Buy Now"?
When choosing to "Commit" to a Power Deal, the Buyer is choosing to get the lowest possible price of a Power Deal. There are no guarantees if a Seller will also commit inventory at that price. When choosing to “Buy Now” the Buyer is choosing to purchase the item at its regular price.
Is there a limit to the number of quantities I can commit to a Power Deal?
In most cases, there is no limit on the number of quantities you can commit to in a Power Deal. However, there may be a limit on the available inventory for the Power Deal. This will be shown in the Item Detail Page.
How can a Power Deal be successful?
The Power Price is an estimate for the lowest price of an item (Power Unit Price), plus estimated shipping. A Seller needs to commit inventory at that price or lower for the Power Deal to be successful. When more Buyers commit to a Power Deal and more Sellers commit more item quantities at lower prices, the greater the chances a Power Deal can be successful.
How does a Buyer "win" a Power Deal?
Buyers can win a Power Deal when they join the Power Deal before participating Sellers’ committed inventory runs out. Buyers who win a Power Deal are notified via email.
What happens when a successful Power Deal ends?
The lowest sell price in a Power Deal is awarded to the Buyers who joined the Power Deal first and continues in a FIFO (first in, first out) manner until the entire inventory allocated for the Power Deal is dispersed.
I missed out on a Power Deal. Can I request for the Power Deal to return?
If you missed a Power Deal, you can go to the Item Detail Page for that item and click on ‘Power Buy’ to activate the Deal again.